- General Provisions
- General Meetings
- Extraordinary General Meetings
- Voting and Quorum
- Winding Up
1. The Club shall be called Braintree Bowmen, hereinafter referred to as the Club.
2. The funds and property of the Club shall be vested in the Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer.
3. All monies and sums received on behalf of the Club and property provided by the Club shall remain the property of the Club and there will be no right of distribution of Club property to the members.
4. In the event of the Club being wound up any funds left after all the liabilities have been met shall be distributed according to the decision of the remaining members at that time.
5. The objects of the Club shall be the promotion and encouragement of Archery in all its forms as shall be legal in the UK.
6. The shooting regulations as prescribed in the G.N.A.S. Rules of Shooting shall be accepted as governing the relevant branches of the sport of Archery practised by the Club and its members
7. Nothing will be included in this constitution which conflicts with that of the G.N.A.S.
8. The postal address of the Club shall be that of the Secretary.
9. The Constitution of the Club shall not be altered or amended except at the Annual General Meeting or at an Extraordinary General Meeting of the Club. Members wishing to move a proposition designed to alter or amend the Constitution shall submit each proposition to the Secretary twenty-eight days before the General Meeting at which each proposition is to be considered. Notice of such proposition which it is intended to move shall be sent to all members entitled to receive notice of such a meeting.
10. There shall be the following classes of members
- Senior Members
- Junior Members
- Honorary Members
11. Any person interested in Archery, having attained the age of 18 shall be eligible for admittance as a Senior Member, or under that age a Junior Member.
12. Any person whom the Club may wish to honour for distinguished service to the Club may be elected at a General Meeting of the Club as an Honorary Member for Life or for a specified period of time.
13. All members shall accept the jurisdiction of the Club and shall conform to such conditions, shooting rules and regulations as may be determined from time to time.
14. All members as defined in Clause 8 other than Honorary Members shall pay an annual subscription and shooting fee to the Club at the rate to be determined from time to time by members in general meeting.
15. All subscriptions shall become due on 1st August for the coming archery year to ensure payment is made to Archery GB by 1st September. (changed at the 2014 AGM.)
16. A member who has not paid his subscription by 4 weeks after due date in any one year shall cease to be a member of the Club unless the Club Committee considers there are extenuating circumstances.
17. The management of the Club shall be entrusted to the Club Committee.
18.The Club Committee will consist of the following minimum posts:
- Child Protection Officer
Other Committee posts will be created as required, and include the following:
- Tournament Booking Officer
- Junior Shooting Member
- Records Officer
- Equipment Officer
- Field Captain
- Training Officer
19. A Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer shall be appointed by members in General Meeting which shall determine the terms of their appointments from time to time.
20. At meetings of the Club Committee the Chairman, if it is necessary to prevent a deadlock, is entitled to an additional casting vote.
21. The Club Committee may appoint Sub Committees and may delegate to such Committees powers within defined limits.
22. An auditor shall be appointed annually by members in the General Meeting.
23. The Club shall cause to be prepared and shall present at the Annual General Meeting a balance sheet showing the financial position of the Club on the 1st July of the preceding year together with an Income and Expenditure Account for the 12 months ending on that day.
24. A copy of the Balance Sheet and Income and Expenditure Account duly certified by the Auditor, shall be sent with notice convening the Annual General Meeting to each Club Member.
25. A Bank Account shall be maintained in the name of the Club. All cheques and orders withdrawing monies from the Account shall be signed by any two of the Club Chairman, Secretary or Treasurer.
26. The Annual General Meeting shall be held between 1st June and 31 July, at a place to be determined by the Club Committee. Not less than twenty-one clear days notice of such meeting shall be sent to each Club member.
27. The Club Committee, or at the request of 20% or more Club Members shall call an Extraordinary General Meeting. Not less than twenty-one clear days notice of such meeting shall be sent to each Club member. Notice of any proposition which is intended to be moved shall be sent to all Club members entitled to receive notice of the meeting.
28. At all general Meetings
- 25% of members shall form a quorum.
- Each Senior / Junior Club member shall be entitled to one vote.
- The Chairman shall, in the event of a tie in voting, be entitled to cast an additional deciding vote.
29. In case of an emergency the Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer have full powers to act.
30.The Club shall not be wound up other than by a resolution passed by 75% of the members at an Annual or Extraordinary General Meeting.